The QSC AcousticDesign AD-S82 is a full range, surface mount loudspeaker with sleek, contemporary styling that fits perfectly into multiple environments and applications including hotels, restaurants, convention facilities, and multimedia environments. The speaker incorporates QSC’s revolutionary IntelliDock™ intelligent mounting system (patent pending) combined with the Advanced Directivity™ rotatable waveguide. Available in black or white, these great sounding, weather resistant enclosures can be painted to match any specific decor.
With both high output and standard versions, the AD-S82 is a 2-way system housed in a ported enclosure made from injection molded, high impact polystyrene. This enclosure incorporates an 8" weatherproof, LF transducer with a heavy-duty double roll cloth surround. High output versions employ a 1" exit compression HF driver while standard versions provide a 1" pure titanium dome tweeter. Both versions are available with or without a transformer. The HF driver is coupled with QSC’s unique Advanced Directivity rotatable waveguide—enabling the loudspeaker to deliver accurately focused sound, regardless of it’s mounted orientation.
QSC’s new IntelliDock intelligent mounting system raises the bar for contractor speaker ease of installation and security. The IntelliDock docking station combines all the components needed to mount, wire, and position the speaker into a single housing—independent from the enclosure. The speaker enclosure locks onto the docking station in one step, simultaneously making electrical connections and holding the speaker in place. This exceptional design carries the added benefit of security—reducing the possibility of theft. When opening night arrives, snap the enclosures into the docking stations and feed the program material. A total of three mounting configurations are available—including a standard yoke mount.
• 8-Inch, 2-Way System—in a lightweight, multipurpose enclosure featuring a heavy duty, powder coated steel grill.
• IntelliDock™ Intelligent Mounting System—consists of a mounting plate and detachable docking station that incorporates termination points for wiring. Benefits include installation ease and reduced chance of enclosure theft.
• Advanced Directivity™ Rotatable Waveguide—(60° x 90°) enables the loudspeaker
to deliver accurately focused sound, regardless of the enclosure’s mounted orientation.
• High and Standard Power Versions—Power handling capabilities suitable for a
multitude of environments.
• Contemporary Style, Weather Resistant Enclosure and Components—Ideal for a wide range of applications.