The C 5:4X is a versatile four-channel amplifier, delivering 4 × 125 W* at 4 ohms, 8 ohms, 16 ohms or 70 Vrms; 250 W at 100 Vrms is available in bridge mode.
The C 5:4X is one of four C…X models in the C Series, each uniquely suited for a range of installed applications with relatively lower power output requirements. C…X models share most features of the original (higher power) C Series models, and they share the same compact, lightweight 2U chassis. However, the C…X models are offered in both four- and eight-channel versions, offering even greater channel density and installation flexibility. Also, because the unique benefits of Class TD® are more applicable at higher power levels, the C…X models employ a cost-efficient proprietary Class D output design. Other features unique to C…X models include a universal power supply, selectable 35 Hz high-pass filter, and built-in GPIO control facilities.
This amplifier is uniquely capable of adapting to a wide variety of demanding load conditions. Each channel has an individually configurable Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL™), which allows the output to be optimized for any loudspeaker load – whether a single large subwoofer or a series of small 70 V loudspeakers (100 V in bridge mode). VPL works in combination with adjustable input gain (adjustable in 2-channel blocks) to achieve maximum headroom regardless of input levels or output impedances. Additionally a 35 Hz high pass filter may be inserted in each 2-channel section.
Every C Series amplifier is ready for the NomadLink® network right out of the box. With NomadLink, key amplifier parameters are displayed via DeviceControl software, and remote control of channel mutes and power on/off is under network control.
GPIO facilities – provided exclusively on C…X models – allow access to key amplifier functions such as power on/off and fault reporting.
* Maximum continuous output power, all 8 channels driven, VPL set at 100 V and Gain set at 32 dB.
C Series Benefits
- Tailored to installation applications
- Nine unique models
- Wide ranging power outputs from 125 to 2200 W per channel
- Exclusive VPL™ (Voltage Peak Limiter) matches channel output to load
- Bridgeable in channel pairs
- Network monitoring and control via NomadLink® and DeviceControl software (NLB 60E required)
- Low-Z (2-16 ohms) or High-Z (70 V or 100 V) output selectable per channel
- Selectable input gain
- Craftsman-built in Kungsbacka, Sweden